Water Heater Rescue: Know-How, Troubleshooting, Anodes graphic

Lingo > Atmospheric-Vent Heater

More Lingo:

When people talk about atmospheric-vent heaters, or if you see them in a company spec sheet, it's referring to the most common type of gas water heater out there -- one that has a vent pipe that passes straight up through the roof.

The reason to specify thus is the existence of two other types of heaters found elsewhere in Lingo: Power-vent heaters and direct-vent heaters.