Water Heater Rescue: Know-How, Troubleshooting, Anodes graphic

Horror > The Missing Link

A vent pipe section has fallen off a commercial water heater because tape was used instead of screws

So what do we have here? A vent section that has fallen, thus spewing poisonous exhaust gases into a space beneath somebody's apartment. Those gases include carbon monoxide, which can both kill outright, and cause brain damage by depriving the brain of oxygen. Tenants may experience headaches for no apparent reason.

The cause -- at least of the fallen vent? Vent tape was used here. Seems like a good idea, but it's not because with time and heat, it can unstick. Self-tapping screws are a better idea. They're less likely to become unstuck.

Back to Horrors
Home | Site Map

Facebook iconPinterest iconTwitter iconGettr icon

Water Heater Maintenance|Smelly Hot WaterTroubleshooting|Sacrificial Anodes|

Powered Anodes|Privacy Policy|Contact Us|About Us|Return Policy

Resources|News About Water Heaters|Site Map

©Copyright 1995-2024 by Water Heater Rescue