Whirlpool Water Tank

The Tank Whirlpool Water Tank

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    kechapman
    Participant

I never look at the water heater-today I just happened to.

The top is leaking. The bowl shaped sections at the top were filled with water. The pan on the floor was filled with water also.

It’s a Whirlpool and about 6 or 7 years old. I am running my washer now

What could be the problem? Where should I start to check on issues?? Please help. Kristin

Larry Weingarten
    Participant

Hello, There is a good chance you need a new heater, but before making that decision, it’s best if you can find the leak. I start from the top and dry everything. Then check every fitting to see if it’s seeping. Do this by drying it and then seeing where water comes from. Dry the fittings with a rag or paper towel and watch. If you check all fittings and none leak, you know it must be the tank. Also, if it’s a gas heater, make sure it’s not water coming down the vent pipe or from some overhead fitting.

That’s not an old heater, but if the water is softened, that could play a part. Do let us know what you find and good luck 😀

Yours, Larry

kechapman
    Participant

Larry,

Thank you for your reply. I wanted to attach a picture but it says the file size is to large.

The water seems to be seeping up through the insulation around the pipe on the right.

That insulation is actually rust colored now where the insulation around the other pipe is still white.

I think the indention at the top filled up, ran over to the indention on the left and filled that up and then ran down the side of the tank.

That does not sound good does it??

Larry Weingarten
    Participant

Hi, It all boils down to figuring out where the leak is (or isn’t). If it’s at a threaded port, it is most likely fixable. Otherwise not. Do you soften the water? 😎

Yours, Larry

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Water Heater Rescue

You cannot copy content of this page