What items #'s to order?

The Tank What items #'s to order?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    AJ
    Participant

Hello,

I was wondering which size/product #’s I would order from your site for a new aluminum/zinc anode and a powered anode for my water heater? I am considering ordering one or the other. I have a RheemGlas Fury 50 gal high altitude water heater model 41V50. Also, is there a way to determine if the tank is already destroyed/corroded or past the point of being helped by anode replacement? I lost my xray vision goggles and can’t find them. HeHe.

Like many others, I had very hard water and added a softner. Now I have a whole new set of probs. If its not one thing it’s another. 🙂

Thanks in advance,
    AJ

Randy Schuyler
    Keymaster

Somewhat. I tell people to, from my home page, click on The Basics, and then Know-How, and do the external inspection described there. It’s a lot harder these days to get a good look into the combustion chamber because it’s sealed, with a tiny window, but you can see examples in Know-How of what good and bottom chamber roofs look like. If it’s good, “rescuing” is a possibility.

After that, you have to pull out the anode and hope there is something left of it. If it is completely gone, but the combustion chamber looks good, I like the idea of trying a sacrificial anode for one year. If the tank survives, switch to powered. If it breaks, you are only out the cost of that anode.

For aluminum/zinc, SKU11 if you’ve got 44 inches overhead clearance or SKU12 if you don’t. For powered anode, SKU27.

I assume you have odor issues because of these choices. If not, using a magnesium anode is cheaper and will give more protection.

Randy Schuyler

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Water Heater Rescue

You cannot copy content of this page