What heater to use

The Tank What heater to use

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    talob
    Participant

I am building a workshop and putting radiant floor heat in, my original thought was to use a on demand water heater to heat the floor, but after finding this site and reading the pros and cons along with the cost of the on demand i’m not sure. The building will be about a thousand square feet well insulated, the radiant system will be five loops at about eleven hundred feet of tube total and a closed system, once the slab is warmed up the temp rise of the water should be about fifteen degrees. Will a conventional tank heater do the job for me? Any suggestion would be appreaciated.

Randy Schuyler
    Keymaster

Since it’s radiant, this might be a time when going to The Wall would help. That’s a bulletin board run by a friend of ours who is a leader in the radiant- and steam-heating field. Most of the pros in those industries hang out there and probably can help. The address is http://www.heatinghelp.com.

Randy Schuyler

Larry Weingarten
    Participant

Hello: The good folks at The Wall will tell you to do a heat loss calculation and to insulate generously below the slab. They may also want to know how you heat the house (if there is one) and if it’s possible to tie into that system.

Yours, Larry

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Water Heater Rescue

You cannot copy content of this page