Well insulated Whirpool 6 yr

The Tank Well insulated Whirpool 6 yr

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    pwman
    Participant

Wow what a great site! Good to read all the info…kudos. I’m wondering if someone could clue me in on which models 6 yr Nat.gas Whirlpool at Lowes has 2 or 3 inch insulation? I cant seem to find the R24 heater info. I plan on picking up a magnesium anode like the “Best water heater is best ” page suggests. Thanks.

Randy Schuyler
    Keymaster

Well, I learned something today. Whenever anybody asks a question like this, I go to the maker’s website and look for spec sheets, which often give this information and other data about specific heaters.

Didn’t do me any good this time because Whirlpool — which is an American sub-brand, doesn’t have that feature, even though it’s parent, A.O. Smith, does.

But I rummaged around and found this link: http://www.whirlpoolwaterheaters.com/learn_more/modelnumbers.aspx that tells how to read a model number to figure out how much insulation and warranty a heater has. Each letter or digit in the model number means something.

Randy Schuyler

pwman
    Participant

Thanks for the info Randy, much appreciated. I was able to see the serial numbers’s on the upper right of each Energy Guide. Funny thing is there was only one 6 yr Whirlpool water heater I could find that had a thermopile and 2 inches of insulation.The other few that had 2 inch insulation needed a separate power hookup. When I drove out to Lowe’s the info on the boxes verified that also. I had to special order the heater but since I also bought a dishwasher they will deliver it for free. Now I gotta nurse my old leaky one for a couple of weeks til the new one comes

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Water Heater Rescue

You cannot copy content of this page