Water heater recommendation

The Tank Water heater recommendation

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    rensell
    Participant

Good day. Winter is coming and it’s really annoying. I’m planning to buy a tankless water heater. I checked all of the water heater on Amazon and in this site http://www.elreviews.com/tankless-water-heater-reviews/. There so many choices in there and I’m confused. Please help me with my problem, give me some suggestion and advice on what would be the best water heater that I should buy. Thank you!

Randy Schuyler
    Keymaster

I, at least, never make recommendations. There are numerous models that are always changing and keeping track of them would be a full-time job. That said, this is probably not the place to seek guidance. We don’t like tankless, for reasons explained abundantly on our tankless page in the Basics section.

Randy Schuyler

rensell
    Participant

okay sorry for that. I tried if anyone can give me suggestion and recommendations regarding on this

Larry Weingarten
    Participant

Hello, You may have read on this site some concerns about tankless heaters. There are certainly places for them, but they have been oversold in my opinion. Still, if after researching things, you want to go that route, you’re best finding a brand that is well supported locally, both in terms of parts and skilled labor. That turns out to be the best insurance. Also, do read the warranty very carefully before buying. 😉

Yours, Larry

rensell
    Participant

Thank you for your suggestion Larry. It help me a lot to plan what should I do

geno03245
    Participant

Tankless cannot be exposed to more than 11 grains hard water, and must be delimed each year to help maintain efficiency, regular maintenance is recommended to avoid error codes, DIY repairs are not possible, parts are expensive, warranty is not 20 years as promotion frequently says, DIY installation might void product warranty …

For gas: venting is significantly different than typical tank heater, must be connected to 3/4″ gas line with 1″ gas line within 10′ / tankless consumption of fuel can starve other gas appliances of fuel. Expected $4-8 saving per year vs tank-type is not worth the cost of possible repair bill.

For electric tankless: whole house tankless can require new electric service with 250-300 amp. Tankless electric estimated to cost $100 more to operate per year than tank heater.

Tankless electric is useful for individual bathroom or shower.
    I recommend avoiding tankless products otherwise.

Generally tank-type heaters can be maintained to last almost indefinitely, and can be repaired DIY without expensive repair.

catherinebworth
    Participant

Do not buy a Thermodynamic system from Little Magic Box. This is a complete rip-off. There are better products on the market for half the price. https://www.magicboxinternational.com/

Larry Weingarten
    Participant

Hello, Did you install one and have it not perform? I’ve not dealt with this sort of system, but merging solar and heat pump together sounds like a good idea.

Yours, Larry

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Water Heater Rescue

You cannot copy content of this page