Warrenty

The Tank Warrenty

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    rhoskin
    Participant

:?Would intatllation of your curved dip tube and ball valve drain on a newly installed heater void the warrenty?

Randy Schuyler
    Keymaster

Frankly, I don’t know. Once I asked a Rheem rep about that kind of thing and he said it wouldn’t as long as the parts were properly installed so as not to create a leak at the fitting. You’d probably have to ask the manufacturer. I’d only ask about the drain valve, as there is no way they could tell you’d replaced the dip tube without tearing into the heater, something that isn’t going to happen on a warranty claim.

Randy Schuyler

Larry Weingarten
    Participant

Hello: Some anecdotal evidence suggests there is no problem, as in about 25 years of doing this, I’ve never had or heard of a warranty claim being denied. But I’m pretty sure not many claims have been made 😎 Heater maintenance takes heaters far past their warranty period.

Yours, Larry

Randy Schuyler
    Keymaster

Something I could have said: there is also evidence the manufacturers don’t look too closely at defective heaters. I was talking with a Texas plumber the other day and he said they are merely required to get the serial numbers and send them in, not the actual water heater.

Randy Schuyler

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Water Heater Rescue

You cannot copy content of this page