very small pellets

The Tank very small pellets

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jfw1957
    Participant

perfectly round,very small clear blue-green pellets, maybe .015 ” in diameter average-clogging cold side toilet inlet and hand sink screens. what are the possibles? House has an aqua-pure softener, and ap117 filters. any Ideas?:?

Larry Weingarten
    Participant

Hello: If you can bypass the softener and flush out the pellets, see if the pellets come back or not. If not, they are leaking out of the softener. I’ve found softener resin in water heaters quite a few times.

One question: Do you have a hot water recirculating line? It’s another way stuff on the bottom of a heater can make it into the pipes.

Yours, Larry

jfw1957
    Participant

Thanks Larry!
    and yes, it does have a recirculate pump, though it is on another leg of cold which joins two floors down. It is actually my place of employment, a 150k sqft. building with 6 apartments on the top floor. I had these pellets in two of the apartments that do not get soft water(only one does, the owners) but they share the cold feed. The hot water is shared with the other apartments(again the owner has a dedicated heater) which is fed from yet another cold leg. I only had these pellets only in two bathrooms, document.write(‘‘which are the shared cold leg with the softener. it blew my mind!

Larry Weingarten
    Participant

Hello: Have a look around the recirc line and see if you can find a check valve. Next, see if the valve actually works! I prefer spring, rather than swing checks, but whatever works 😉 That check valve is to prevent water and sediment from getting out (backflow) of the bottom of the heater.

Yours, Larry

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Water Heater Rescue

You cannot copy content of this page