Tjerlund VP2F power venter

The Tank Tjerlund VP2F power venter

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    suki
    Participant

Has anyone had any experience with or opinion about the Tjerlund VP2F millivolt power venting kit for converting atmospheric vented gas water heaters to a power vented water heater. The company has been making this system for a long time and I cannot find any negative comments about it.

Larry Weingarten
    Participant

Hello, I haven’t used this system, but do have a lot of respect for the company. I NEVER hear bad things about them. Here is a link to installation instructions for the unit and they seem pretty thorough to me. http://www.tjernlund.com/Tjernlund_VP-2F_VP-3F_8504140.pdf

You must have a situation where you can’t run an atmospheric vent to the height needed? 😕

Yours, Larry

suki
    Participant

I am planning an addition which will remove the chimney that currently only serves the water heater. The water heater is relatively new and has double anode rods so adding a tjerlund power venter seems like a good idea. I’ve seen them online for $376 delivered.

Larry Weingarten
    Participant

Hello, One thing I don’t know about this unit is the noise it makes. That turns out to be a big concern for purpose built power vent heaters. So, ask about the noise made and if needed, how to quiet things down. I’ve had situations where power vent heaters were installed under bedrooms…. bad idea!! 😛

Yours, Larry

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Water Heater Rescue

You cannot copy content of this page