smelly water

The Tank smelly water

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    woodtick01
    Participant

hello it’s my first time. here ok then we installed a new water heater about 1 month ago and now have the rotten egg smell outta all hot water faucets we did not have that before. i read through the smelly water page on this web site and found it helpful. i want to know i understood it right, so im lookin for more input. we purchased a new richmond wh 50 gallon tall model number 9E50-2 serial number 0421434571. i believe it has 1 anode rod. the parts list does not say what it’s made of. we have soft water and are hooked up to a well and we also have a whole house water filter and like i said we have the rotten egg smell out of all hot water faucets. there are only 2 people in the household. so not knowing what the factory installed anode rod is made of would installing an aluminum/zinc alloy anode rod be a fix to the rotten egg smell? i do not believe it has 2 anode rods by looking at the water heater parts sheet. so then if it has only 1 anode rod, will the installation of the aluminum/zinc alloy anode rod be the fix we are looking and desperately hoping for? hope this wasn’t too long winded and thanks for any replies/help.

Randy Schuyler
    Keymaster

You say soft water. Does that mean a water-softener? If the water is naturally soft, then an aluminum/zinc anode will probably help. If it’s a softener, then you ought to get a powered anode, SKU27. But before you do any of that, you might consider changing the filter on the whole-house water filter. Sometimes those have bacteria buildup that causes the same kind of odor.

Randy Schuyler

woodtick01
    Participant

hello thx for your replay i ment a water softner and the hole house filter has been replaced and the housing flushed with perroxied to narrow down the problem i did read other posts on this web site of pepole with the same problem and have decided to install a power anode rod your replay mentioned the power anode was that the correct part number u gave? so thank you for your replay and time

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Water Heater Rescue

You cannot copy content of this page