Showerheads get clogged along with screens at sinks

The Tank Showerheads get clogged along with screens at sinks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    OWENDT
    Participant

Live in area in Mich. which uses Lake Michigan water and am having frequent problem with clogged faucets and shower heads. How can I tell if it is the anode rod or the dip tube. When the plumbing was put in(about 2005) it was hooked up so that bathroom faucets and shower get hot water soon after it is turned on. Would appreciate some advise.
    Thanks
    Oscar

Randy Schuyler
    Keymaster

If you have a recirc system, it could be either one, of course. So, when was your tank manufactured and what make is it? Can you see a hex nut on top of the water heater? If so, is it flat or does it have a bump? What is the consistency of the gunk in the filters. What does it do if you rub it between your fingers?

Randy Schuyler

OWENDT
    Participant

I bought a shower head filter which has been on about 6 months and I took it apart and attached a picture which has the entire screen covered. The stuff can be mushed when I rub it between my fingers. This is a Whirlpool Water Heater which I think is made by American but not sure. The Model number is FGIF5040T3NOV and the serial no. is 0502127675

There is a hex fitting about 1 inch below the top surface. Appreciate your help

Oscar

Attached files

Randy Schuyler
    Keymaster

I think the stuff is corrosion byproduct from an aluminum anode rod. I know from the make that that is what you have. The heater is too new to be likely to have dip tube problems.

Randy Schuyler

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Water Heater Rescue

You cannot copy content of this page