Rheem Hybrid problem

The Tank Rheem Hybrid problem

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    purplewg
    Participant

I had a new house built and had a Rheem Hybrid installed. It has spit air since the first day. I bleed it per the instructions to no avail. It is on a well with an aerator which means I have a pump to pump water into a large aerator and one to pump it out of the aerator to the house. So, the house pump is not drawing directly from the well but a large tank beside the pump.

I contacted Rheem with the serial number and model and explained all this to them but have never even acknowledged my request. So much for customer service.

I have read about the anode rod, expansion tanks, and relief valves. I suspect the anode rod but have no idea what to do about it. The heater is now 3 months old and has done it since day one.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Randy Schuyler
    Keymaster

Search on “air vent” here. There is a string just a little ways down dealing with this in relation to a powered anode. Your installation should be simpler to deal with than theirs. You just need to do the first thing that Larry recommended.

Randy Schuyler

purplewg
    Participant

elenano wrote:

Search on “air vent” here. There is a string just a little ways down dealing with this in relation to a powered anode. Your installation should be simpler to deal with than theirs. You just need to do the first thing that Larry recommended.

Randy Schuyler

Thanks Randy. I will check it out.

purplewg
    Participant

Just an update and thanks for the input. Sure helped me a lot. On occasion I still get a little air spurts but no where near what I was getting. Had absolutely none for about two weeks. I just started getting a little lately. Thanks again.

Admin
    Participant

Just so you know: I just deleted the post just before you, which was a vehicle for prohibited advertising.

Randy Schuyler as Admin

mcgowinjr
    Participant

First question is were they the ones who installed it for you? As this devices have a warranty only if Rheem technicians installed it for you. Tankless water heaters can be a very big problem if not properly installed.

purplewg
    Participant

mcgowinjr wrote:

First question is were they the ones who installed it for you? As this devices have a warranty only if Rheem technicians installed it for you. Tankless water heaters can be a very big problem if not properly installed.

Mine is not a tankless. It is a hybrid. I do have a tankless also with no air problems with it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Water Heater Rescue

You cannot copy content of this page