RESIDENTIAL HWH PIPING

The Tank RESIDENTIAL HWH PIPING

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    CHRISWILCOX
    Participant

AT MY HOUSE I HAVE AN EXISTING ELECTRIC HWH (WITH HWC INTO BOILER DRAIN)THAT I WOULD LIKE TO WORK WITH A NEW GAS THRU THE WALL HWH.THE TTW MUST BE ABLE TO OPERATE ON AN EMERGNCY GENERATOR CIRCUIT AND THE ELECTRIC WILL NOT.ANY SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO PIPE THIS IN FOR MOST ECONOMICAL PREFORMANCE AND EMERGENCY USE WILL BE GREATLY APPRICATED

THANKS FOR ANY HELP

CHRIS

CHRISWILCOX@BLAKEANDWILCOX.COM

Larry Weingarten
    Participant

Hello: I’m unclear what you’re trying to do. And, I can guess about HWC, but TTW is ? Are you trying to run a gas heater in series with the present electric? If you convert to a direct vent gas heater, why do you need to worry about electricity at all? Questions, questions! I can help better when I understand better.

Yours, Larry

TTW IS A THRU THE WALL (POWER VENTED,INDUCED DRAFT,PVC FLUE PIPE )HEATER NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH A DIRECT VENT METAL FLUE THAT EXHAUSTS AND BRINGS IN COMBUSTION AIR DIRECTLY TO TO HWH FROM THE OUTSIDE.

MY SITUATION IS EXISTING WITH A OPERATING EHWH THAT ID LIKE TO ADD A TTW TO.THE EHWH HAS A HWC PUMP RETURNING TO THE BOILER DRAIN.

I DONT WANT TO CHANGE MUCH PIPEING BY ADDING THE SECOND HWH AND I WANT IT TO BE THE MOST ECONOMICAL(ENERGY USE) INSTALLATION POSSIBLE

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Water Heater Rescue

You cannot copy content of this page