Replaced Anode rod, yet still smelly

The Tank Replaced Anode rod, yet still smelly

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    tybuckelew
    Participant

I have a Buderus Logalux S-120 water heater with a new Aluminum/Zinc replaced anode.

I have well water that is softened and am getting the “rotten egg” smell at all hot water outlets, even though plumber replaced the old rod with the Alumnium/Zinc rod.

I have two questions:

1) Will the smelly water problem go away or even lesson if I replace the Aluminum/Zinc anode with a powered anode?

2) I’d like to purchase a new anode from this sight, given the model of my heater, which anode would be appropriate?

Thanks for your help!

Randy Schuyler
    Keymaster

First off, yes, a powered anode will solve the odor issue. But the trouble is that you have a Buderus. It may not be possible to find a powered anode that will work with it. The user guide appears to show a hex anode, but the thread size may be wrong because Buderus is a European design and the anodes are not the same as American ones. If it’s compatible, though, you’d want a Corro-Protec, SKU23. Check with Buderus to see if the thread size is compatible but don’t tell them you’re considering a powered anode. That might void the warranty. And that’s not because there is anything wrong with powered anodes. Manufacturers only warranty products they’ve tested, which is actually sensible.

Randy Schuyler

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Water Heater Rescue

You cannot copy content of this page