Re use

The Tank Re use

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ian
    Participant

I just previously posted regarding a plugged 60 gallon tank. This post regards a 40 gallon.
    The tank has been installed and filled for six years but operated for no more than year,
    I took the anode out to check it’s condition. There are signs of corrosion but it is generally quite good. I’ve heard to opinion that even ‘though it has not been turned on I should consider that it’s life is spent.
    My question is should I put in a new anode and presume to get another 5 years out of it, or scrap the tank. How can I tell if its wise to re-use it?

Larry Weingarten
    Participant

Hello, If the tank was filled with water the whole time, it means the anode was getting to protect the tank. I might do a pressure test using water to make sure there are no leaks and also have a look at all fittings and inside of the combustion chamber. But if these things don’t look bad, I’d replace the anode and keep going. 😎

Yours, Larry

Ian
    Participant

That’s good news. Maybe I forgot to say that it’s an electric tank. I’ll assume that your answer would be the same for that,
    Ian

Larry Weingarten
    Participant

Yup 😎

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Water Heater Rescue

You cannot copy content of this page