Programmable Thermostat

The Tank Programmable Thermostat

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    gblake
    Participant

I am looking for something that will allow me to either change the setpoint water temperature or simply turn off the water heater all together based on a dry contact external input. It is for a residential gas water heater. Something akin to a programmable thermostat you might use for a furnace but for a gas water heater instead.

Larry Weingarten
    Participant

Hello: There used to be a device called Qwaterback that would turn your gas water heater up and down as desired. With a well insulated tank, standby losses do go down somewhat. What are you trying to do?

Yours, Larry

svenrgy
    Participant

DigaHOT manufacturers controllers for GAS water heaters. With the controller you can program your water heater, and once it’s off, even the pilot is off.

http://www.DigaHOT.com:)

Larry Weingarten
    Participant

Hello: Interesting idea, but not nearly enough info on the web site to make a decision. Is it for electric or gas or both? I’d like to see some third party verification. Normally, if really good insulation is used on the heater, setback does little good… according to research done years ago on electric heaters. Although the web site mentions scalding, it doesn’t mention legionnaires, which can result from too much setback.

Not to rain on the parade, but my hope for this site is that it always serves the best interests of those who come here for information.

Yours, Larry

energyexpert
    Participant

Is this gas water heater natural vent with a pilot or pilotless and power vent?

David

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Water Heater Rescue

You cannot copy content of this page