Pilot stays lit, burner only turns on at very highest setting

The Tank Pilot stays lit, burner only turns on at very highest setting

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    cutmein
    Participant

Hi, First post, hope you can help. I have an AO Smith fvir model gvr 40, just over 4 years old. The pilot light has never gone out, but starting yesterday, hot water output decreased significantly. The main burner only fires at the very highest setting. It has the White-Rodgers control valve. The air filter is clean. I did a partial flush, with cold inlet valve left open, only clean, warm water came out. There are no plastic particles in the aerators. We have a properly functioning water softener. When I turned the control to the highest setting, it fired right up. It burned for between 20 – 25 minutes. I then drained some water from the spigot into a bucket, and it measured 150 degrees. While draining, it sounds like the water is entering at the bottom of the tank like it should. Do I have a bad gas control valve? Thanks, Randy

cutmein
    Participant

UPDATE: nevermind, I have a cross connection, problem now solved. Thanks Larry, followed your instruction in this post: http://www.thetankatwaterheaterrescue.com/forums/view_post.php?post_id=1115

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Water Heater Rescue

You cannot copy content of this page