Picking a 6 yr gas water heater

The Tank Picking a 6 yr gas water heater

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    grover
    Participant

I’m trying to decide which WH to buy. I’ve read the recommendations on choosing a less expensive WH with a 6 yr warranty and then changing out the anode rod, if aluminum, to a magnesium one. Also needed is one with at least 2 inches of insulation. The trouble I am having is I can’t find an inexpensive WH with more insulation. It seems if I find one with extra insulation it is one of the higher end ($$$) units. Around here the big box stores carry GE, Rheem, and Whirlpool. 6, 9, and 12 yr units are about $300, 430, and $500. Any help with choosing a basic no frills WH with good insulation numbers is appreciated.

Randy Schuyler
    Keymaster

What I’ve tried to do is provide information so that people can educate themselves about water heaters and then do their own research. Models are changing all the time and keeping track of them would be a full-time job. It may be, right now, that you have to buy a longer-warranty, more expensive water heater to get maximum insulation, and that could change tomorrow or at some later date. It may be that you have to decide between insulation and cost. These parameters will vary person to person.

Randy Schuyler

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Water Heater Rescue

You cannot copy content of this page