old tanks and new anodes

The Tank old tanks and new anodes

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    joatmon
    Participant

Thank you all for your appreciation of folks like me who want to fix what we got. I believe this is the site that I found several years ago that prompted me to replace the anode in my water heater. I did that and now myself and my 10 year old daughter did it again today. It was pretty eaten up but still doing its job. We have a brand new magnesium anode in our 19 yr old water heater. Sure, there are no guarantees but its kind of cool to replace one sacrificial thing to preserve the whole. I decided to do this because I would have to demo a portion of the drywall in my garage an cut a couple or three studs to get it done. Beside all of that, it was really neat to have a conversation about anodes and cathodic reactions with my kid. Not to mention the joy of wrenching on things with little helpful hands. Thanks for all of your info and I’ll let you know if it busts tomorrow.

Larry Weingarten
    Participant

Hello: Thanks for sharing a good story with us. I’ve had heaters last over fifty years! One thing I would do is to replace the relief valve if you haven’t. You might want to help your daughter with that one. The valve can be tough to get turning 😎

Yours, Larry

ps. A photo of her on the wrench might make for good show and tell at school.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Water Heater Rescue

You cannot copy content of this page