No water?

The Tank No water?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    txdinodave
    Participant

Put in a new water heater today, and everything went smooth. From the gas,to the reconnection of the water lines.Once I was done I tested everything and the same, it went good. Now the only problem I have now is I have no pressure or flow to my shower head or faucets in the shower. My lavatory works and my toilet work, so whats going on?:(

Larry Weingarten
    Participant

Hello: Sounds like some gunk made it to the shower and faucets and clogged ’em up :?. First, is it a pressure balanced shower? If so, a clog on one side will stop flow to both sides, hot and cold. Have you removed the shower head itself to see if you get flow then? If no flow and if it is pressure balanced, you need to take the innards of the valve out, flush the piping under pressure and the reassemble the valve. Some of these valves are complex and you don’t want to wind up with spare parts. Call a plumber if needed. Another trick is to back flush the lines. This may work better with your faucets. Stop flow from the spout by putting a coin or heavy tape behind the areator. Turn off power and water to the heater and attach a hose to the drain. Open drain valve. Open hot side of plugged tap, then slowly open the cold side. Water should flow from cold to hot, carrying any debris back to the tank. Let it run a couple of minutes, then put things back to normal and see if things are right with the world 😉 Next time you do any major plumbing work, make suse the first tap you open is the tub spout. It is very unlikely to get plugged up with gunk.

Yours, Larry

txdinodave
    Participant

Hey Larry, thank you very,very much on that expert advice.I put it to some really good use. Found out that the shower head was completely clogged and so were the faucets. So I cleaned up the head and back flushed the faucets and “presto” everything back on line. Your the best, and you made me look like I knew what I was doing for a change, says my wife. 😎 Thank You.

David.L

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Water Heater Rescue

You cannot copy content of this page