Need to change my Anode Rod

The Tank Need to change my Anode Rod

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    tbailey4
    Participant

I am in need of a anode rod for my A.O. Smith tank and I have no problem with spending a little extra money for the magnesium rod. We all know that aluminum in our drinking water is bad. Is there any data that suggest that magnesium is not bad for us? After all, these rods corrode and the particles settle in the bottom of our tanks.

Randy Schuyler
    Keymaster

The way my friend and mentor Larry Weingarten phrases it is, “You can buy magnesium supplements at the drugstore. You won’t find any aluminum supplements.”

Randy Schuyler

tbailey4
    Participant

LoL, I guess I will put some vitamin supplements in my water system. Thanks for the reply.

oilspot
    Participant

FWIW:

Magnesium is essential for the body to absorb calcuim, so you often seem them paired together as a supplement.

Larry Weingarten
    Participant

Hello: I just did searches for both “magnesium overdose” and “aluminum overdose”. You can tell aluminum is regarded more as a toxic substance. I found a little book years ago written by a British doctor, Cooper in 1932 called “Danger of Food Contamination by Aluminum”. It goes into detail about what this doctor saw in practice, how much aluminum he found in various body parts of deceased folks and ended with a plea to aluminum makers not to manufacture aluminum cookware.

Old science is often much plainer spoken than modern science and the message here was quite clear. It’s a reason I never mix aluminum and drinking water.

Yours, Larry

tbailey4
    Participant

I am ordering that mag rod right now! I think it is safe to say that very few people know that the anode rod should be serviced and they would be shocked to find out that the rod that is decaying in their tank is aluminum. I am telling all my friends at once.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Water Heater Rescue

You cannot copy content of this page