Low Water Pressure after Repair / Anode will not come out.

The Tank Low Water Pressure after Repair / Anode will not come out.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Woob
    Participant

Recently tried to do some maintenance on our State Select PR650NBRT Heater that is 10 years old. Never been flushed or any components changed out. Was able to flush most of the water out and revealed little to no sediment. A few questions:

1) Anode would not come out despite repeated attempts with a 12 sided 1 1/16 socket, will a 6 sided 1 1/16 socket really make a huge difference? I will try to get a longer pipe wrench for leverage.

2) Restarted the entire system, noticed a significant hot water pressure decrease. Is this clearly a dip tube issue, or a water pressure clog?

3) Are dip sticks easily available locally at say Lowe’s/Home Depot?

Wondering if I should just call a plumber since the cold water valve couldn’t even restrict the water going into the tank (we just turned the whole house supply off).

Sincerely,
    B

undee70ss
    Participant

Woob wrote:

Wondering if I should just call a plumber since the cold water valve couldn’t even restrict the water going into the tank (we just turned the whole house supply off).

Sincerely,
    B

Did you reopen the cold water valve? Cold water valve to the heater could also be bad, causing the reduced pressure (flow).

Randy Schuyler
    Keymaster

A six-point socket will give you better grip, especially if the file the bottom surface flat. Torque wrenches work, too. Dip tubes are not available at hardware stores. You’d have to buy one from me or the maker.

As to pressure, go to Tanklets and read the one titled Backflushing Clogged Piping. It gives the possibilities that might cause low pressure and how to test for each one.

Randy Schuyler

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Water Heater Rescue

You cannot copy content of this page