I figured out my problem but can't find the part!?..

The Tank I figured out my problem but can't find the part!?..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Evertking
    Participant

After weeks of no hot water I finally broke down and figured this out. I took out the burner assembly and found that the TRD thermal release valve has got too hot and been tripped and now I can not find a replacement! What?? Am I calling it by the right name? I can’t find any info on YouTube or anywhere.

Larry Weingarten
    Participant

Hello, I imagine that if we have the make, model and serial number of the heater, we can help you locate the right part/repair kit. 😎

Yours, Larry

Evertking
    Participant

Lol, they may help..
    Richmond
    Model # 6G30-30PF1

Evertking
    Participant

eleent wrote:

Hello,  I imagine that if we have the make, model and serial number of the heater, we can help you locate the right part/repair kit.  😎

Yours,  Larry

Thanks for your help!

Larry Weingarten
    Participant

Hello, They want the serial number to locate parts, but if you go here: https://parts.rheem.com/OA_HTML/ibeCZzpHome.jsp?minisite=10165&respid=52926&grp=IBE_M_OTHER it will direct you to enter the numbers and things should start happening! 😎

Yours, Larry

Evertking
    Participant

OK, thanks for the help.
    But I guess I’m out of luck. When I enter the serial number I get no results.. I mean 0!!
    RMLPQ381335440
    I have tried that and the model number. Any other advice on where I can locate this part?

Randy Schuyler
    Keymaster

I don’t think you are. This is a common problem that gets dealt with a lot. Best to call Rheem and tell them what you need.

Randy Schuyler

Evertking
    Participant

OK, I had to order the whole burner to get my part. No big deal, but I cleaned in there good and bypassed the fvir or TRD for now. NJ I know, I know.. but I need hot water and it’s been weeks and the tank is running fine. Just how dangerous is this?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Water Heater Rescue

You cannot copy content of this page