Hotwater Heaters

The Tank Hotwater Heaters

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    oseph4
    Participant

I have a relatively new (5-6 years) Bradford 50 gallon hotwater heater, 4500 upper and lower thermostate. No problems until last night when I noticed a surge in REALLY hot water and turned the themostat down. Today after showering I discovered there is no hot water left in the tank. I turned the thermostat back up but no help. There is water in the tank because I turned the valve on the bottom of the tank and clean COLD water came out.

I’m out in the country and getting someone out here this weekend for less than my 401K will be a bit of a challange. No showers? No dishwasher? PLEASE:P

Thanks for any hints. Oseph4

Randy Schuyler
    Keymaster

The short answer is to hit the reset button. That is described under Electric Water Heater Issues in Tanklets, under Troubleshooting, but likely it will happen again and is indicative of trouble with thermostats or elements or something else. There is a whole walkthrough there for troubleshooting the problem, but if you’re unfamiliar with electricity and multimeters, you’re probably still going to have to get a pro out to look at it and find out what the problem is.

Randy Schuyler

oseph4
    Participant

Thanks Randy. I stumbled over the Reset, although it’s not mentioned in the manual that came with the waterheater, and it did start things heating up again. I will get someone out on Monday because for sure I’m lost in the woods with electrical stuff.

I do plan to go through the troubleshooting area you suggested.

Thanks again. Oseph

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Water Heater Rescue

You cannot copy content of this page