Hot Hot water heater.

The Tank Hot Hot water heater.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Zacksmommy
    Participant

I have noticed my electric water heater has been leaking frim the drain. I figured I would have to replace it since if I tighten it too much it sprays like a pin hole on a hose. If I don’t tighten it, it leaks out of the drain. I opened the closet that it is kept in today and a lot of water has come out and the temp in the closet is very high. What is going on and what do I need to do?

Ej
    Participant

Is the water coming out of the faucets really hot?

Larry Weingarten
    Participant

Hello: If I came out on your situation, I’d shut off power, then run water from a tap until it began to cool. Next I’d shut off ,water to the heater. Now I’d have a new drain valve ready to go and I’d bleed off pressure, then remove the drain valve and quickly switch it out with my new one. This switch would lose about 1/2 cup of water. After tightening the new drain, I’d hook up a hose to it, turn on water again and run water from a tap until there was no air. Then run water from the drain to clear it and flush any sediment that’s close. Lastly, I’d turn power back on, kick back and smile 😀

Yours, Larry

ps. If there are overheating problems, I’d fix those before kicking back. Overheating usually has to do with electrical parts, but in your case could be steam in a small space.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Water Heater Rescue

You cannot copy content of this page