Help identifying an antique water heater?

The Tank Help identifying an antique water heater?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    marshallamp
    Participant

Hi. I’ve been trying to identify the water heater in this photo (at least, I think that’s what it is), but I haven’t had any luck. Can anyone on the forum help me? I spent some time on the Weingarten Collection section of the main site (and was very impressed) and a lot more searching Google Images but I’ve come up short. Sorry I don’t have a better photo- it’s from a movie still and at no point in the film does the apparatus in question come into focus.

Thanks!

Attached files

Larry Weingarten
    Participant

Hello: I can make some guesses! It’s a kitchen sink, point of use heater. It is capable of delivering both hot and cold water. I have one made by American Bosch in the time between world wars. It’s a gas heater and vents directly into the room… not vented outside 😯 Being a point of use heater, it’s rather efficient as there are no plumbing heat losses and hot water is fast, saving water.

I’m curious, what are you hoping to do with the info? 🙂

Yours, Larry

marshallamp
    Participant

Thanks, Larry. I asked because I’d like to purchase one. Hopefully the exact same model, but if not, one that also has a clear/glass tank like the one in the photo I attached earlier.

And yes, it’s clear in the film that it’s a kitchen-sink point-of-use heater.

marshallamp
    Participant

Can anyone identify this kitchen point-of-use water heater? The still is from a German film, if that’s any help.

Attached files

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Water Heater Rescue

You cannot copy content of this page