Gas hot water heater only makes hot water manually

The Tank Gas hot water heater only makes hot water manually

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    grace
    Participant

hello!
    My gas hot water heater only makes hot water when my bf goes downstairs and turns on the switch. It used to make hot water on its own. Got any ideas? Let me know if you need any more info.

thanks!
    grace

Larry Weingarten
    Participant

Hello: Lingo strikes back! OK, bf = boy friend? Normal water heaters don’t have a switch. Do you have a boiler? What does the beast look like? (I’m referring to the boiler :cool:)

Yours, Larry

grace
    Participant

eleent wrote:

Hello: Lingo strikes back! OK, bf = boy friend? Normal water heaters don’t have a switch. Do you have a boiler? What does the beast look like? (I’m referring to the boiler :cool:)

Yours, Larry

Thanks for replying, Larry!
    Yes bf = boyfriend, sry for the confusion.

On the gas regulator there is a on/off switch. He turns that on to make it heat up, it used to come on just by turning on the faucet.

The brand of boiler is called “Federal”. From what I’m told it is quite old, possibly the original boiler when the house was built in the 50’s.

Larry Weingarten
    Participant

Hello: I know only enough about boilers to be sorta dangerous. With boilers and other equipment there is a “control string”. It basically is all the controls, wired up end to end, so that if any one shuts off, it shuts off the boiler. I’m going to suggest you go to “The Wall” at http://www.heatinghelp.com and post your question there. It has what may be the greatest concentration of practical heating know how anywhere…. and they are nice people too 🙂 I’m certain you’ll find someone with “Federal” know how.

Yours, Larry

grace
    Participant

I tried but they keep having “unspecified java errors” on their webpage :/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Water Heater Rescue

You cannot copy content of this page