FV Sensor issue

The Tank FV Sensor issue

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    CDelSignore
    Participant

Don’t you love, love, love snow thaw?!?

6″ of water in my basement (bad sump pump, all accumulated overnight).

Now, the hot water heater won’t heat. Get the FV alarm code (7 flashes).

Have a Whirlpool (Craftsmaster ND40T62-403) Hot water heater. There is no flammable vapor down there. I’ve seen instructions about setting the sensor in a clean air area for 4 hours and then resetting the computer on the heater. All the instructions for the reset apply to units with 2 temperature buttons. Mine has a dial. I have found no instructions on how to reset in my situation.

Any help?

Chris

Randy Schuyler
    Keymaster

If you’ve flooded the control of the water heater, it may no longer be safe.I’d check with Whirlpool tomorrow and see what they say.

Randy Schuyler

CDelSignore
    Participant

Thanks for the response, Randy. The unit worked fine Friday during the day/evening. The water level didn’t get up to the control unit, but did get to the FV sensor.

The sensor showed some signs of corrosion. I cleaned it off the best I could and dried it out well. I can’t even test the sensor because I can’t reset the fault. Even if I get a new sensor, I would still need to reset the CPU. Is Whirlpool going to be willing to divulge the reset steps?

Chris

CDelSignore
    Participant

Called tech support and they would not give out the reset instructions. According to their “rules,” any water heater that has had the exposure to as much water as mine did should not be used. They would not warrant the heater, nor would they send out repair parts for it.

Thus, I had to go get a new water heater.

Randy Schuyler
    Keymaster

I’m not surprised. When water heaters get wet, they’re no longer predictable. Nobody wants to accept the liability of trying to make them work again.

Randy Schuyler

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Water Heater Rescue

You cannot copy content of this page