Easy FVIR maintence?

The Tank Easy FVIR maintence?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    palex1915
    Participant

I am going to be needing 2, 40 gal. gas water heaters soon. My old heaters are 13 years old and do not have the new FVIR filters. What brand of gas water heaters have FVIR’s that are easy to clean and maintain for a homeowner??? Also looking for a brand that has parts readily available for the homeowner.

Larry Weingarten
    Participant

Hello: I might ask a little different question. “Do I need to replace my water heaters?” Then, I’d have a look at the anodes in both tanks and see if anything is left. I’d also peer into the combustion chambers and look around at fittings for signs of leaks. If there was some anode left and no real rusting, I’d keep the heaters going instead of replacing them. If there is real damage, then look into replacement.

FVIR technology has come a long way, but will never be as easy to live with as what you have now. 😉 I don’t think any manufacturer wants the homeowner working on their FIVR system, though if you’re shopping, get a unit that’s well supported by local distribution and warranty service.

Yours, Larry

palex1915
    Participant

OK, let me change my request. I am looking for low tech (no power vent, etc) gas water heaters that are easy to maintain, meaning, among other things, easy to clean the air intake. Not specifically the FVIR. Internet searches about cleaning the air intakes on some brands are all over the place!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Water Heater Rescue

You cannot copy content of this page