Conversion of Natural Gas Water Heater to Propane

The Tank Conversion of Natural Gas Water Heater to Propane

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    TRG2468
    Participant

Good evening,
    >> I just found and read a very interesting and informative piece on the web entitled Conversion Instructions — Natural Gas to LP Gas.
    >> I was encuraged and enthusiactic about the possibility of making such a converstion.
    >> I have a:
    >>
    >> CraftMaster 40 Gallon Natural Gas Water Heater
    >>
    >> Model: BFG1F4040S3NOV
    >>
    >> Product: 0733114
    >>
    >> That comes with a Robertshaw/Whirlpool Thermostat Gas Valve (Enhanced BFG Gas Thermostat)
    >> Part No. 295098.
    >>
    >> My water heater was not supplied with the bag containing conversion parts, as mentioned in the instructions.
    >> Are the conversion parts are available?
    Bill

Ej
    Participant

For your model you should call Whirlpool and ask for a new propane door enhancement assy. If this hasn’t been supplied free for you then according to the class action law suit then it should be free. You will need to change the thermostat for one rated for propane.

TRG2468
    Participant

Thank you very much.
    I will call Whirlpool.
    I had email interactions today with US Craftmasters, the customer service folks for my water heater and was told that the water heater could not be converted from natural gas to propane. I asked if there were conversion orifices available and was told “no.” I asked if I could purchase new a new propane assembly and propane regulator and was told “no.” The reiterated that the water heater could not be converted. I will give Whirlpool a call and see what they say.
    Thanks again,
    Bill

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Water Heater Rescue

You cannot copy content of this page