COLD WATER

The Tank COLD WATER

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    IAW
    Participant

I HAVE JUST REPLACED TWO HEATING ELEMENTS IN MY 40 GAL WATER HEATER AFTER THEY WENT OPEN CIRCUIT,NOW WE HAVE A STRANGE PROBLEM,WHEN SHOWERING THE WATER REMAINS A CONSTANT TEMPRATURE BUT FOR A SPLIT SECOND THE WATER GO’S STONE COLD AND THEN GO’S BACK TO THE TEMPRATURE IT WAS BEFORE,THERE IS NO CONSISTANCY WHEN IT HAPPENS YOU JUST HAVE TOO BRACE YOURSELF AND BE READY FOR A SUPRISE!

PLEASE HELP.

Larry Weingarten
    Participant

Hello: There is a lot of ground to cover, but in short three possibilities come to mind. Cross connection, pressure imbalance and recirc loop are possible causes. Cross connection is discussed in other posts… you can test for it. Pressure imbalance can be caused by someone else using water while you shower (practical joker in the family :P?) or perhaps a well pump control. A recirc line might allow backflow if there is not a good check valve in it.

Let us know what your system has and we can help with details.

Yours, Larry

IAW
    Participant

my water source is from a well pump and our home is the only one using it,their is an expansion tank that was replaced about three years ago,other than that i do not what else my system comprises off,the pressure in the system always stays consistant except just before the well pump kick on when the pressure drops.

thanks Ian.

Larry Weingarten
    Participant

Hello: Someone gets the job of watching a pressure gauge on the incoming water line to the house while somebody else runs the shower. If there is a correlation between a sudden pressure drop and shower temperature change, than the well controls or pressure tank are suspect. 😯

Yours, Larry

IAW
    Participant

Thanks i’ll check it out

Ian.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Water Heater Rescue

You cannot copy content of this page