Bradford White water heater dip tube

The Tank Bradford White water heater dip tube

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Tugba
    Participant

Hi,

Our gas water heater (Bradford White, model # MI5036FBN) is not heating water for the past week. The pilot light is on, the thermostat setting is at 120 and the pipe where the water runs is hot to the touch. After research, I believe the issue is with the dip tube.

I found the part number on the Bradford White’s part site) however they have both the Cold Water Inlet Dip Tube Polypropylene (model# 229-39625-22) and the Cold Water Inlet Polysulfone (NC Code)(model# 229-39628-21) listed together. Do I need to purchase both parts? Or do I just need to buy the dip tube?

Any feedback you can provide is much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Tugba

Randy Schuyler
    Keymaster

Unless you have a very old water heater, the odds are low that your dip tube is bad. They usually last at least 15 years.

When you say “no hot water,” do you mean at all faucets, or at some faucets?

Do you mean none whatsoever, or a little bit and then tepid or cold?

Usually, if a dip tube is bad, or even fallen into the tank, you’ll still get SOME hot water, for a short space and then it gets mixed with cold and turns lukewarm.

Just for fun, using the Tanklets link on the left side of the Tank topics index page, go there and click on Cross Connections and do the test for that. It’s very simple. Then let us know the answers to all these things.

If you really get down to a new dip tube, it’s going to be one or the other.

Randy Schuyler

Tugba
    Participant

Hi, I am sorry let me clarify. We have luke warm water. We have not had hot water for a week, but still get luke warm water. The heater is about 7 years old. But from everything I read, the only problem causing this is the dip tube. Do you think it may be some other problem?

Thanks.

Randy Schuyler
    Keymaster

Yes. Test for cross connections.

Randy Schuyler

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Water Heater Rescue

You cannot copy content of this page