bradford white water heater

The Tank bradford white water heater

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    chetnapatel322
    Participant

we are in a new 2 yr old house that has 2 50 gal bradford white water heaters. One of them needs to be replaced out. bradford white is replacing it under warranty but the labor is going to cost about $800-1200. We were told by one plummer that when installed the plumbing company should not have put a di elcetri union on top of a di electric nipple (comb anode-hot water outlet). that is what caused the rusting on the anode and therefore the rusting of the tank and consequently the leakage. Is that true?? He said that is how bradford white tanks are. he said you are negating the desired effect by putting a di electric union on top.

Randy Schuyler
    Keymaster

I don’t think I agree with that assessment. Putting a dielectric union on top of a dielectric nipple wouldn’t do much of anything. On the other hand, we’ve seen countless dielectric unions that leaked water onto the heater, potentially damaging it, simply because nobody came back six months after installation and tightened them. Hot water causes the rubber gaskets to shrink a bit and if they aren’t thus tightened, they leak.

The anode, which is inside the water heater, would have nothing to do with external leaking.

I’d be curious to see a picture of this heater. Could you post one?

Randy Schuyler

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Water Heater Rescue

You cannot copy content of this page