Bradford White

The Tank Bradford White

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    bpChiIL
    Participant

Recently had a BW Defender installed – a great water heater , with the exception of design in terms of the anode rod location.

Why in the world would a company that has an outstanding reputation place the anode rod with the the hot water outlet!?!?! Why not design it with its own port?

Was this designed in hopes that it would deter homeowners from replacing anodes, and extending the life of their hot water heater? Clearly, that has to be what they had in mind. Made in America – but with foreign engineering.

Randy Schuyler
    Keymaster

Only Bradford White can answer that, but to be fair, until Larry Weingarten and Waterheaterrescue.com appeared, who worried about replacing their anode? And for that matter, just try to get a hex anode out of a heater made by somebody else! You could make the same negative observations about THEM, for the same reasons, although the anode is in a different place.

My only grump with the Bradford anode is that the nipple is so short that it’s a guarantee that you’ll wreck the threads removing it to inspect it. Of course, I shouldn’t complain: that means you’ll buy a combo rod from Water Heater Rescue!;) Or so I hope…..

Randy Schuyler

Larry Weingarten
    Participant

Dear bpChiIL: You may be the first person ever to get Randy to use a smiley face. Congrats! 😎

Yours, Larry

bpChiIL
    Participant

Randy,

Thanks for the reply!

My only rebuttal would be this – at least the other mfr’s give you a “fighting” chance to remove the anode by placing it elsewhere.

bpChiIL
    Participant

Larry,

I guess that I have that affect on people.

😎

Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Water Heater Rescue

You cannot copy content of this page