Attwood rv water heater

The Tank Attwood rv water heater

• This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 12 years ago by Ej.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bald eagle
    Participant

I have an Attwood RV water heater(modelGC6AA-10E) and the indicator light between the electrical and the propane swith does not light up. The elemnt is good and i put a new pop off valve in. It drips when the water gets hot but I think that is because I don’t have an air buble at the top of the tank. I put in a new indicator light and that didn’t help. The heater heats on propane and cycles on and off (I can tell by the burner going on and off) and it heats on electric but I don’t know when it gets hot and goes off. Does the potted board or the inline thermocouple have anything to do with it? I had the potted board tested at an rv place and they said the propane side was out and it would’t work, but it does work so I’m not putting much faith in their testing. He also said something about the relay on the backside of the tank but wouldn’t tell me anything about it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Ej
    Participant

Is the only problem that the light doesn’t light? Everything else works fine?

bald eagle
    Participant

That’s the only problem I can see. I can’t tell if the thermostat is working but I assume it is because it cuts on and off on ;the propane side as hot water is needed. I can hear the burner going on and off as needed. I can’t tell about the electric though. I know it gets hot but does it turn off? I just got the trailer so haven’t used it yet. just checking things out.

Ej
    Participant

You have a solid state controller that defines the functions of the heater and if you are sure the light bulb isn’t burned out and you placed a voltage meter across the terminal of the bulb and did not receive the bulbs voltage, then don’t worry about it because the controller is very expensive.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Water Heater Rescue

You cannot copy content of this page