Antique Lions Head Water Heater

The Tank Antique Lions Head Water Heater

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ragedriven
    Participant

Heres an album of pics http://photobucket.com/antiquewaterheater

I am new to here and to water heater restoration, and was hoping you may be able to assist with some information on this restoration. I am looking for some history info. etc.
    I looked on the internet to find some info on it but could not find anything. This old heater is not going to be functional just cosmetic. It has patent dates from 1907. What would one of these go for if restored vs. unrestored?

Larry Weingarten
    Participant

Hello: Pittsburgh made a pretty heater! It looks like the internals are missing, so yours can only be decorative. The market is determined by what people will pay for it and the place for that is ebay. In any event, I’d not expect to get more than a few hundred dollars if it’s fixed up. These are difficult to ship and have arrive in one piece 🙁

Yours, Larry

ragedriven
    Participant

thanks larry! i wonder is there is a market for some kind of steam punk enthusiast who is building something weird.

Larry Weingarten
    Participant

Hello: I’ve heard of these turning into really nice lamps or medicine cabinets. I suppose on its side with big wheels and a little jet pack, it would make an interesting race car 😛 It’s all about finding your market.

Yours, Larry

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Water Heater Rescue

You cannot copy content of this page