American/Whirlpool lime-fighter dip tube (among

The Tank American/Whirlpool lime-fighter dip tube (among

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Otto
    Participant

Shopping around, and note:

1. Kenmore electric heaters (at least the 9+ year warrantee models) advertise a very curvy dip tube (goes down then curves into a semi-circle…looks very effective)

2. American/Whirlpool electric heaters advertise a “lime-fighter” dip tube…but no details on what that means mechanically.

Does anyone know what exactly “lime-fighter” is? Just wondering if it is equivalent/as good as the curved dip tube available here, or with the newer Kenmores.

One other thing I’ve noticed is that as you move up the warrantee chain with American, the electric heating elements go from copper to stainless. Apparently there is some advantage to stainless, can anyone elaborate?

Larry Weingarten
    Participant

Hello: As I don’t make anything from suggesting it, I hope you won’t think it too self serving to say that the most effective way to flush sediment from a tank is to install the flushing parts sold from this site. Manufacturers attempt to make a tank that needs no service at all, but expecting sediment to rise out the top of a tank or expecting running the water once by magnets will always have a beneficial effect is, I think, high expectations.

If you are willing to flush the tank every six months or so, you can do a lot to keep the sediment at bay.

Stainless clad elements do hold up better than copper clad.

Yours, Larry

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Water Heater Rescue

You cannot copy content of this page